This week we're starting a new series on producing, stay tuned to the next few episodes as we journey into the world of producing. Subscribe to our feed wherever you get your podcasts to get into the series with us!
"Be a producer and not a poser!"
Bryan John Limus
Circa August 2018
A music producer not only facilitator or director in record making but also a manager. As in the ability to manage time and money.
*Make it sound like a record *
- To be an observer.
- Your job is to listen both emotionally and technically. Maintaining objectivity as you begin to listen to the material over and over again. Make distinctions on what works and what doesn’t.
- Hopefully, making album that people actually want to listen to.
*Artist Talent *
- The one non-negotiable talent that all effective recording artists must possess, it is the ability to convey emotion through music.
- You can’t push anything that isn’t there.
*Emotional Palette *
- I.e. Band or artist convey it through title of their song, name of the band. Some of the best selling album has a specific emotional palette. (e.g. pharrell ‘Happy’ or RATM)
- Setting the tone or the scene for the song or album.
- The music has a sense of identity or even projecting a certain character.
- People will forget what you say, people will forget what you do, but people will never forget how you made them feel. Invoking listener emotions or memories when they listen to the song.
Suggestion Of The Week:
Tracktion T7 - Free DAW for PC, Mac, & Linux!